Friday, April 30, 2010

A New Pickle

First of ALL - THANK EFFING GOD IT IS APRIL 30.
Second of ALL - AARON - I AM SO SORRY ABOUT LAST NIGHT...I FEEL HORRIBLE.
When I got to the barn yesterday evening, I walk in to 3 different people giving Chester some lovin'...he was eating it up completely. Head over his stall door, neck outstretched, head cocked to the side and being super cute. I just about died. After all the compliments and "How big is he" questions...which I actually don't know for sure how tall he is...I pulled him out of his stall...and he continued to get some more lovin' from his new admires.
Since the boss gave me the go-ahead to ride (for a very short amount of time, and long and low only) I was really looking forward to it. I am sure poor pickle is bored out of his freakin mind not having been on his program for a month. The plan was for 20 minutes, let him loosen up and keep him on a long and low frame...which I was able to accomplish with so much ease, I really forgot how much I LOVE MY HORSE. He was calm, didn't bat an eyelash at anything (which is so odd considering there were lots of scary things in the arena with us...like rocks and jumps), frothy, stayed low on his own, was snorting to himself the entire time...we cantered for a couple tours of the ring (I stayed up off his back)...and he was even snorting at the canter!! Which. He. Never. Does. Then, we go on a hack through a hay field. Which I did on the buckle with him snorting along to himself again. I know eh?...WTF? Rather then being the uptight, wound up spring/giraffe fire breathing dragon he normally is on hacks, like was his tendency at the old farm, he was relaxed and absolutely 100% enjoying himself fully. It was the best hour I have ever had with him. Hands Down. It gets better. When we were done and he was getting his pre-bedtime rubdown, he stood in the cross ties stretched out completely through his body, his neck was stretched out to the ground and his nose was 2 feet from the ground. I have never seen him stand like that. Ever.
I think he likes his new environment and atmosphere...who needs top notch facilities when all you need is top notch care?
The Boss comes tomorrow to check out the new Diggs.
I have a new horse...

No comments:

Post a Comment