Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm Sippin On Some Sunshine...

Now considering we haven't 'officially' started our show season as of yet, because I don't count schoolings as shows...I have decided to change Chester's show name. Now before I get the collective "gasps"coming through my speakers...hear me out.

You know when you are listening to the radio/iPod/CD, whatever, something, and you hear something that makes you stop dead in your tracks and go "OMG!!"? Well, that happened to me the other day while I was driving to the barn. I heard a song on the radio for the first time and just about ditched my car. There was a line in it that probably just made the most sense about everything and anything to me: I'm sippin on some sunshine
I heard that line, listened to the rest of the song and said to myself that is what I want to call Chester. Sippin On Sunshine
The reasons are numerous: I feel like he will go somewhat red in the summer, my xc colour is yellow, and it matches our personalities perfectly. What exactly IS sippin on sunshine...a number of different things: sitting on a dock having a beer, sitting on the couch with Aaron drinking a bottle of Red, it's how I feel when I am riding Chester...more importantly, in short, it is also S.O.S, which is ALSO how I feel sometinmes when I am riding Chester...ha.

Now - Embarcadero is still very significant to me and the blog will continue to be called Carrie's Embarcadero, because after all, now we get to sip on some sunshine while on our journey...

ps - the song is called Mountain Man by the Crash Kings...amazing...check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment