Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers...

Never underestimate the kindness of strangers...that is an old saying is is not?! The horse community is filled with strangers, but in some odd, weird, cryptic way, we are all friends and we will all do anything we can to help some stranger out...even when we know nothing about them.
I am a BIG fan of EcoGold (http://www.ecogold.ca/), their products, their mission and most importantly, their VP of Marketing - Patricia Da Silva. Patricia and I have never met. Ever. I MIGHT be able to pick her out of a crowd simply because of the high profile she holds within the horse community and I have seen (stalked) her pictures on Facebook numerous times.
When I woke up this morning imagine my surprise when the first thing I saw when I opened Facebook was an EcoGold post, with a link to my blog with a message reading: "This blog post is exactly the reason we are working on our 'Secrets of Success' article. Sometimes everything seems to go wrong and you are at your wits end. Carrie - it will get better!!! The crappy parts of life are there to appreciate the good bits." I just about died when I saw that.
To make things even better - I received several posts back and several emails to my hotmail & facebook accounts all with the same positive message: IT WILL GET BETTER.
My coach - is probably the most positive person I know and ALWAYS has my back no matter what ALWAYS tells me: Chin-up and Kick-on...which is what I plan on doing.
So - to ALL you strangers out there, who took the 3 minutes to email me or post or whatever: YOU HAVE ALL MADE MY DAY and I am thankful for the kindness of strangers.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Carrie.... My mom really liked the "high profile within the horse community" part... he he. :D Hugs,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welll - I would say that is a prettty good description!!!
    Thanks for all the support...it truly means so much and I am completely uplifted! Spent the weekend at the cottage and did a lot of talking/thinking.
    Onwards and Upwards.
    Chin-UP!!

    ReplyDelete