Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Define Baffled...

If you were to look up 'Baffled' in the dictionary, you would see my picture.
Here is the actual definition:
verb (used with object)
1. to confuse, bewilder, or perplex: He was baffled by the technical language of the instructions.
2. to frustrate or confound; thwart by creating confusion or bewilderment.
3. to check or deflect the movement of (sound, light, fluids, etc.).
4. to equip with a baffle or baffles.
5. Obsolete to cheat; trick.
My Partner in Crime has left me feeling completely baffled as to the reason for his apparent lameness. I can't seem to figure it out. That said, everyone seems to be leaning in the same direction. Lack of mobility = stiffness = mechanical issues through his stifles. Considering we are in the great white North - I am going to go with that conclusion. I think I need to keep him moving as much as possible. Considering my lack of work situation at the moment, we were thinking about riding him twice a day. Considering it is -15C, I doubt that is going to happen.
Today - he was a gem of a horse. Not a lame step to be had...There were moments when it felt like he was going to give me some problems, but I talked him out of it and pushed him on... Then, the weirdest thing happened.
As I turned him out into the arena to have a roll, he stopped - and you know when horses use their hind leg to scratch at their ear or something...? Well - he stretched his hind right to do that, turned his neck and head back to meet his foot and then I heard 2 or 3 little 'pops'. I looked at the barn owner and go 'Did you just hear that?' She said yep...and Chester continued to snort around and roll.
I put him back in the crossties, run my hands down his back along his muscles, get to the part where he has been ouchie and he doesn't even flinch...not a bit.
Maybe he just needed to crack his back?!
It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment