Friday, February 25, 2011

The Plan...Part 1...

Part 1 - simply because we can't have a Part 2 until Part 1 has been completed.
Tomorrow, my wonderful farrier is coming to trim up Chester and dig for the mystery lameness/ damn abscess...and when I say 'dig' I think he literally means dig.  He told me that when Chester reacts in the slightest way to the hoof testers that he will break out the instrument of torture known as an abscess probe (I think) and attempt to dig the blasted thing out.
I THINK this is what it looks like.
Part 2 is yet to be determined based on what happens with Part 1 tomorrow...annnnd as we all know when it comes to horses, it is always best to have Part 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc...
In an ideal World, this is what I would like to have happen:
Part 1 - YAY - The Damn Abscess has been found and YAY - my wonderful farrier has popped it!
Part 2 - Back to work for Chester. Walking only for a week 2x/day
Part 3 - Trotting a week from tomorrow...sooo March 7?
Part 4 - Be prepared for the jumping clinic that I STILL remained signed up for....fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed.

Oh - the summer scheduled has been decided and is up!!! The Events have been chosen and OMG - the First one, is May 21.  Grandview - which I have NEVER shown at and whcih I hear is simply awesome... So excited! Also - if all works out according to plan - hahahaha - we will make the move to Training on August 14 at Lane's End...as you recall, Lane's End was Chester's first EVER event last summer and I couldn't think of a better place for him to make the bump up.  Their courses are beautiful, the volunteers are incredible and it is a very very VERY well run Event...one of my favourites.  I relayed this information on to Chester and promptly told him to get it together...again.
Fingers Crossed, Fingers Crossed, Fingers Crossed....

1 comment:

  1. How'd it go? Inquiring minds want to know! Hope all went well and Chester is ready for the summer plans.

    ReplyDelete