Friday, June 11, 2010

A BIG Baby Step...

So - on my way to the barn last night, I was BBming DVM Extraordinaire and said 'Is it okay if I canter tonight on one of the straightaways?' Her response 'Yes, see how he feels and go for it'...I am still waiting for her to come out and visit us...she is absolutely swamped...no biggie...we will keep going until she is able to make it out and take it one day at a time.
I was excited to try and canter (with me asking him too as opposed to telling him no, he is not allowed too) and kept reminding myself that if he felt off in any way shape or form, there would be no more trying until further notice....tack up said pony and away we go...
The straightaway that we use, is awesome...hay field on one side, strawberries on the other side...no joke. It is great. At a decent trot, it take about 3 minutes and 30 seconds to get from the start to the end, it is level, the ground is decent and there are a couple things for Chester to look at...perfect for our conditioning. So, on the way back....I asked him to canter....I think he was over the moon at that...he sort of went "whaaaat? huh...? REALLY?!" and he happily cantered on, kept his line and enjoyed it...YAY CHESTER FOR CANTERING....the best part...was he felt as floaty as he normally does!!! :-) I was so proud!
Ring work tomorrow, hopefully with the Boss.
More later.

Chin up and Kick On

No comments:

Post a Comment