Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Advice Where You Least Expect It...

It is interesting sometimes to get a different perspective on things.
For example, my significant other, Aaron. While we are both Capricorns, we are at either end of the spectrum when it comes to personalities. Where I sometimes (well, a lot of the time) let my emotions get the best of me, Aaron is always cool as a cucumber (on the outside anyways). We actually compliment each other extremely well and I don't know what I would do without him in my life. Where as I would freak out over things that I probably shouldn't - okay, that I KNOW I shouldn't - very little, if nothing, phases Aaron...and let me tell you, it pisses me off beyond belief that he can remain so calm and level headed in thew worst of situations...jerk. Actually, now that I think about it, Aaron and Chester are very similar: Both incredibly smart, both incredibly handsome, both very (usually) calm, both big (Aaron is 6'2, Chester is 16'3), both have cute nicknames Biff and Pickle, both read-heads (see picture), I could go on...
So, we were walking on the board-walk (sidebar - we live in Cobourg a block north of Lake Ontario - it ROCKS), last night and I was telling him about the unexpected compliment I received over the weekend and he looks at me with this confused look on his face and goes "If you love riding so much, how come you are so tense all the time?" Now, Aaron, I think humors me the majority of the time when I talk about Pickle and what we are learning about. ("He jumped a ditch!!! I was so proud", "Uhhh, oh yea..?, that's great.") It is when he says stuff like that, that I absolutely freak out because: he knows absolutely NOTHING about horses/riding, but is able to come up with the most logical, simple solutions to pretty much ANYTHING I seem to complain about. And, I absolutely can NOT STAND IT...lol.
So - the next time I ride (which will be never because of my job...no, just kidding, we have a lesson tomorrow), before the Boss yells at me to relax and breathe, I will say to myself "You love riding, what is there to be tense about"...let's hope that works.
Thanks babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment